Header Ads

Pinay YouTube singer tours with India Arie


Melissa Polinar has been one of the most popular Filipino-American musicians for over a decade in online platforms such as YouTube.
Polinar continues to wow crowds everywhere she performs. Recently, she’s been taking her time to produce new music.
“It’s been like a slow process, I’m slowly writing new material. We’re taking it a day at a time but I don’t have a new project set yet,” said Polinar.
In the next few months, Polinar will be hitting the road with R&B singer India Arie for five shows.
“I’m so excited. She personally asked for me to open so that really meant a lot. And I’m looking forward to it. I’m doing Texas shows and a few in the Midwest. Just doing my guitar and myself,” she said.
She’ll continue her trip in June with Morgan James and in July, she’s hitting the stage with a couple of familiar Filipino-Americans Jeremy Passion and Gabe Bondoc.
“Totally different vibe, because it’s a different market. India Arie, I’ve listened to her since I was a kid so there’s an idol kind of dynamic there even though she’s been a friend of mine throughout the years. But for Jeremy and Gabe, they’re like my brothers, so the dynamic is definitely all fun and the experience is definitely varied in terms of the interaction. I’m looking forward to India performing her new stuff and old music,” she added.


* This article was originally published here

Post a Comment

0 Comments