Header Ads

Ganuelas-Rosser plays down praise after stepping up for injured Lassiter



MATT Ganuelas-Rosser played down the praise for his solid numbers in a rare start for San Miguel, saying he has no doubt that anyone from the bench would be able to dish out a similar performance.

Ganuelas-Rosser, 28, stepped up on both ends with Marcio Lassiter nursing a bad back. The fifth-year player had eight points, seven rebounds and five steals in SMB’s 114-91 Game Four win over Phoenix for a 3-1 lead in the best-of-seven semifinal series.

“Without Marcio, it’s a next man up mentality,” said Ganuelas-Rosser. “I just told them that no matter what happens, it could be me starting, Von (Pessumal) starting, or Ronald (Tubid). It’s just next man up. That’s what we are worried about.”

Ganuelas-Rosser also shrugged off the physicality even as he was involved in a shoving incident that led to Alex Mallari’s ejection.

“Emotions are high. The biggest thing is I just protect my teammates and myself. There’s just been a lot going on in this series. For me, I just want to focus on the basketball and just protect our guys. The extra stuff, it’s unnecessary. I understand why he feels like he needs to play like that. For us, we just want to play basketball and get a win,” said [...]

* This article was originally published here

Post a Comment

0 Comments